Mums Know Best
Arguably, there's no better way to learn a lesson than through experience. Here are some words of wisdom the Mums at Colief Mum To Bewanted to share:
Whilst you're pregnant
- Maintain a healthy weight during pregnancy. When they say 'you're eating for two' remember only one of you is adult sized!'
- 'Give yourself a break. Rest when you need to - no ifs, ands or buts'
- 'Keep active for as long as you can. Staying mobile does your body, mind and spirit tons of good.'
- 'How you feel is important. Write any concerns or questions down and speak to your local GP about them.'
- 'Don't put pressure on yourself to have everything 'perfect' for the baby's arrival. All your baby needs is you - everything else can be found as and when.'
After the birth
- Having a baby changes your life – no exceptions'
- 'Make catnaps your new best friend. Housework can wait.'
- 'Don't rush to fit back into your 'normal' clothes. Going on a strict diet will leave you lifeless, slow your recovery and cause stretch marks.'
- 'Always ask for help when you need it.'
- 'Make time for yourself every day. Take a shower and enjoy looking after your skin with Colief Mum To Be (your baby can always sit in the bathroom with you).'
If you have a top tip for mums we'd like to hear it.
NHS Direct - 24hr helpline manned by nurses to answer any health concerns and provide information on local health services and support groups
Diet and exercise
Eating for Pregnancy – all the latest information and guidelines on good nutrition during pregnancy
British Wheel of Yoga – information on qualified pregnancy yoga teachers in the UK
Mumsnet – online community for mums and mums-to-be
MummyPages - useful website for mums and mums to be
EU Mom - online community for mums and mums-to-be
TAMBA – association for women expecting twins and multiple births
Gingerbread – community, information and online support for single parents
Working Families – practical advice for working parents on achieving a better work-life balance
Family & Parenting Institute – independent charity championing families and promoting positive changes for the good of families in the UK